Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Dreaming and falling and dreaming and falling


Often, I have a dream in which I’m falling. I could be doing anything and all of a sudden, the floor would give way and I would fall through it. When I think of what is below our feet, I think of the Earth. But when I have dreams like this, I would be falling through the sky. I can remember how helpless I would feel because I had nothing to hold onto that would stop me from falling. As I got closer to the ground, I would give up on trying to save myself and a feeling of calmness would come over me. But just as I am about to hit the ground, I wake up. Most of the time, I would go back to sleep but sometimes, I can’t fall back asleep. I've always thought that dreams have a deeper meaning to them. Perhaps they are trying to warn us of things that will happen in our future. Or maybe it is our minds being honest with us because sometimes we try to act like a different person than who we actually are and that can be damaging in the long run. I think that dreaming is a way for us to be ourselves even its hard for us to say what we think or how we feel when we are around others. Either way, dreaming can help us be honest with ourselves even when we don’t want to be. Dreams have always been one of those topics that I wish I understood but I will probably never fully understand, but I do think it’s nice that we can dream because we can get away from everything even if it’s only for three to five seconds.


1 comment:

  1. I don't remember ever having a falling dream, but I know they are very common. I like what you say about dreams being an escape and I agree with this line: "I think that dreaming is a way for us to be ourselves even its hard for us to say what we think or how we feel when we are around others."

    ReplyDelete