Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Dream Threads

I can see myself laying in my bed and I try to wake myself up but it never seems to work. No matter how hard I shake myself, I cannot be awakened. I can hear the clock on the wall ticking away second by second. I see the moonlight coming in through my window. Everything seems so calm and I have forgotten why I wanted to wake myself in the first place. All I know is that I have an uneasy feeling inside because I can see myself being vulnerable and helpless since I am asleep. But at the same time, I feel like I’m watching over myself. So am I safe or am I in danger? Can I save myself or will I watch myself suffer without being able to do anything? I guess for now, it doesn't matter because I am not in danger at this very second. It’s just another night and morning is on its way. I've always been the kind of person that worries even when nothing is wrong but I have a feeling that something will go wrong this time. I turn around and look into the mirror but this time, where my face is supposed to be, I see fire.  


2 comments:

  1. My husband is also "the kind of person that worries even when nothing is wrong." I have experienced this same uneasy, wakeful sleep myself. It is very unsettling.

    ReplyDelete