Friday, March 20, 2015

10 Line Poems


Stamina

Maybe we are walking targets.
It seems as though no matter how hard we try, life gets the best of us.
But we keep going
And I don’t know why.
Sometimes it would feel easier to give up
But what is victory without struggle?
How could we know pain without joy?
I guess that’s the thing about life
We keep on falling but we always get back up
Everything is temporary.




We Don’t Even Listen to the Same Music

I’ve always been shorter, smaller, and less important.
Sometimes I think I might be a part of the sky.
Or maybe a piece of driftwood.
Sailing endlessly, pointlessly.
I think that’s all I will ever be.
You’ve always been the moon.
You change the tides when you’re around.
You are the entire ocean at every depth.
Vast and unfathomable.
How lovely.

1 comment:

  1. I really love these, especially the second one. That line: "you change the tides when you're around" is powerful. You are such a great writer!

    ReplyDelete