Thursday, January 29, 2015

Future?????????????????????????

When the representative from the Art Institute came to talk to the class, I remember her talking about the different kinds of fields that art majors can specialize in. I also found it interesting that a lot of the graduates from that school went on to do really cool things. I’ve never thought about art school because I’ve never been good at art, but the things that they can do seem pretty important not only in entertainment, but in everyday life. I wondered how many of their students graduated after starting at the Art Institute and if there was a higher chance of them not dropping out because they didn’t have to do general education classes. I would think that there would be a higher graduation rate. As for me, in a year, I see myself in the Air Force. I leave for BMT on July 14th and I should be done with that and my job training by this time next year so I expect to be stationed somewhere (hopefully far away). In five years, I see myself out of the military, since I signed on for four years, and living on my own. In 10 years, I hope to be doing something with music and/or psychology because they are the two subjects that I really enjoy. In 50 years, I’ll be really old and hopefully I’ll be surrounded by dogs until I die. I don’t really like thinking 5 years ahead, much less 50 years ahead so it kind of stresses me out to think about what I’m going to be doing with my life. 

2 comments:

  1. The dog is adorable and makes me laugh paired with your drawn out questioning word in the title. I hope your military careers brings you many adventures (of the safe variety, I would prefer) and I know just what you mean about being uneasy thinking so far into the future. You'll only be 68 in 50 years! Not that old! Who knows what you'll be up to then? : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anything that has to do with the military scares me to death, but if that is the path that you wish to take, I wish you the best of luck! I really hope you get a future career that you can excel in with music or psychology

    ReplyDelete